Service Line Strategy
The transition to value calls for health systems to rethink and redesign care delivery across services lines. ECG can help you set your strategic direction.
Service line excellence and growth don’t occur organically. They are the result of purposeful planning, and these plans must dovetail with the vision, strategic direction, and strengths of the hospital or system.
ECG’s service line experts provide a full range of support for all major clinical programs – from developing data-driven strategic and business plans to care and payment model transformation. We’ve also directed service line performance improvement initiatives, including workflow redesign, revenue cycle management, and IT system optimization.
Once the planning is complete and execution begins, we are able to apply the full weight of ECG’s strategy, operations, finance, and technology expertise to successfully address any challenges that may surface. And if you’re ready to take the next step and create a center of excellence for your service lines, ECG can support you through every stage of the process – from feasibility analyses to full execution.
Our service line planning engagements often include:
- Overall vision and strategic direction
- Competitive positioning and new service offerings
- Center of excellence feasibility and development
- Quality, service, and cost improvements
- Payment models, including bundled payments
- Governance, organizational, and management structures
- Physician workforce, leadership, and alignment strategies
- Operational and infrastructure needs
- Performance metrics
- Volume and financial projections