Without proactive management and reinvention to fit within the evolving healthcare environment, CV programs may miss opportunities to ensure strong positioning in a value-based market.
The increasingly competitive and evolving cardiovascular care environment is placing significant pressure on cardiac programs to improve quality, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
ECG is well versed in the competencies needed to differentiate top-performing CV service lines and prepare them for the new world of value-based care. We have partnered with premier CV programs, helping them build robust service line strategies and structures across the care continuum.
Our long history of establishing the foundational role of physicians in all healthcare initiatives is evident in how we approach cardiac engagements. Whether it is program planning, a joint venture, or new service development, we help cement partnerships between hospitals and physicians, leading to more successful and sustainable CV programs.
We provide hospitals, systems, children’s hospitals, and academic medical centers with expertise in the following areas:
- Hospital/system cardiovascular strategic planning
- Program expansion
- Cardiovascular center of excellence development
- Academic medical center/community partnership formation
- Physician-hospital alignment models, including joint ventures, employment, and acquisition
- Provider compensation and incentive planning
- Operations and performance improvement initiatives
- Preparation for payment reform, including bundled payments and accountable care organizations
- Patient engagement and access strategies