If you weren’t able to join our live webinar ‘ECG Internship Experience and Beyond!’ on November 15, 2019, you can watch this recorded video.
When you join ECG as a recent graduate or intern, you’re paving your way toward a healthy career. You’ll have the opportunity to gain sophisticated experience as a consultant to provider organizations. Early careerists at ECG are given meaningful responsibilities and roles on client project teams. No coffee grabbing or mindless busy work here.
From data analysis to the creation of client deliverables, consultants work on engagements that have a direct impact on the healthcare delivery system. Our team members are problem solvers. They’re intellectually curious, driven, and passionate about the mission of their work. From improving patient access processes to enhancing an organization’s ability to better diagnose and treat cancer, our team members are challenged to stretch out of their comfort zones and reach their potential, while receiving professional development support along the way.
ECG recruits graduate degree–level students earning their MBA, MHA, MPH, MBA/MPH, and/or other health-related graduate degrees from universities across the United States. Incoming consultants are hired into one of our five divisions where they may work on engagements in various services such as Strategy, Operations, Finance, and Technology. Our five divisions are:
- Strategy and Business Advisory: the SBA division works with health systems, hospitals, and medical groups to develop and drive enterprise-wide strategies, growth initiatives, partnerships, and transformational efforts. Our planning approach combines senior thought leaders, deep expertise provided by proven subject matter experts, and analytical and data-driven approaches. The result is a strategic plan that is rooted in practical realities and implementable. Our consulting team and approach is able to bridge the gap between strategic thinking and operational implementation with sensible action plans and tactical recommendations. Service areas within SBA include Strategy Services, Ambulatory Surgical Care Services, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Facility & Capital Assets.
- Performance Transformation: the PT division has expertise in assessing, improving, and sustaining operational excellence to help drive performance within physician groups and health systems. Our team of operations, access, revenue cycle, and IT experts collaborate to create innovative and implementable solutions for our clients. Core services within PT include Patient Access and Revenue Cycle Performance, Operations Improvement, and IT Strategy and Optimization.
- Provider Financial Services: the PFS division works with leaders of health systems, academic medical centers, and independent physician groups. Practices within PFS include Compensation Services, Valuation Services, Provider Analytics, and Provider Workforce Planning.
- Managed Care Services: the MCS division guides clients through payor strategy development, reimbursement analyses and design, contract negotiations, and other operational issues impacting commercial and government arrangements. Our engagements include work with inpatient, outpatient, professional, behavioral health, post-acute, and other ancillary services, providing us with a broad understanding of provider entities and contracting options. Core services within MCS include Payor Strategy Development, Reimbursement Design & Funds Flow, Risk- & Value-Based Contracting, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) Development, Payor Contract Evaluation, Negotiation Support, and Managed Care Department Design & Infrastructure.
- Academic Healthcare: the AHC division partners with executive leaders of academic health systems across several service lines that focus on areas such as enterprise strategy; organizational design of the clinical enterprise; affiliation agreements; graduate medical education and AMC-community provider alliances/affiliations. We assist our clients as they revisit their clinical and academic strategy, partner with community providers, make needed changes to their organizational structure and further engage in value-based care. Practices within AHC include Academic Health Systems and Education & Research.
We encourage students to apply to the firm’s senior consultant or internship opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions button below. After you apply, you will receive correspondence from the Recruiting department on your interview process status.
Apply → Receive Correspondence on Interview Status → Receive a Video or Campus Interview Invitation → Receive an Office Interview Invitation → Receive an Offer Status Update via Phone or Email
Senior Consultant — Recruitment begins August 19, 2019, for students in the class of 2020 earning business and/or health-related graduate degrees.
Internship — Recruitment begins November 1, 2019, for students in the class of 2021 earning business and/or health-related graduate degrees.
Please note that ECG does not hire students who currently, or will in the future, require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Thank you for your interest in ECG!