Increased competition and evolving reimbursement models are challenging the responsiveness of orthopedic surgeons and hospital administrators.
A long period of reimbursement stability in orthopedic care is coming to an end. Shrinking reimbursement levels and new incentive structures have MSK providers and programs rethinking how and where they should deliver care. ECG’s team of service line experts understands the complexities of the changing orthopedic environment, and we know how to properly position your MSK program for healthcare and payment reform.
Our engagements with MSK clients include the following services:
- Service line governance and organizational structure
- Care continuum strategies with a focus on patient-centric care
- Practice mergers and acquisitions
- Financial feasibility analysis and planning
- Payment pilots, including bundled payments and accountable care organizations
- Operations and performance improvement
- Implant and surgical supply cost control
- Academic medical center programs, including community partnerships
- Physician compensation plans and incentive systems
When it comes to service line planning, what truly sets ECG a part is our long history of collaborating with physicians. We understand that the success of a service line depends upon the engagement and performance of its physicians. With that in mind, we make sure providers play a central role in our service line planning projects.