ECG principal John Fink is speaking on combining gainsharing and comanagement to enhance service line performance with copresenter Thomas E. Dutton, Partner, Jones Day, at the 2020 AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute.
Comanagement and gainsharing are complementary financial arrangements that facilitate hospital-physician alignment through enhancements to service line performance. Many hospitals are pursuing these arrangements as they continue to seek to enhance the value (cost/quality) of their services and encourage physician engagement. This presentation will cover the following:
- Best practices in gainsharing and comanagement arrangements
- Rationale for combining programs
- Program development approach
- Funds flow and compensation
- Valuation considerations
- Relevant legal agreements